Sunday, July 3, 2011

Two Separate Queens Shootings Leave One Dead, Three Wounded


The hunt is on for the gunmen involved in two separate, unrelated shootings in Queens yesterday that left a woman dead and three other people injured.
Police say two men were shot multiple times yesterday morning in front of a building on Parsons Boulevard in South Flushing.
Both men remain in critical condition.
Then shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old man told police he and his mother had been shot on Jewel Avenue in Kew Gardens Hills.
Officers went to the scene, where they found Christina Coleman, 39, inside a car with a gunshot wound to the head. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The teenager is recovering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Neighbors say crime has gotten much worse in the area over the last few years.
"It surprises me. It angers me. It stuns me," said resident Sharon Jones. "I'm very upset about it because this is my neighborhood. I grew up in this neighborhood since I was eight months old."
No arrests have been made in either incident.
Anyone with information on the cases should contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS, or text CRIMES and then enter TIP577, or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment