Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sources: Police Investigate Brooklyn Shooting Involving Off-Duty Officer




Several people are in custody after an early-morning shooting in Brooklyn involving an off-duty police officer left one person injured.
It happened around 4 a.m. near The Old Gallery Sports Bar on McDonald and 18th Avenue in Borough Park.
Sources tell NY1 an off-duty police officer apparently became involved in a shooting, which resulted in one person being shot in the leg.
The victim was taken to Maimonides Medical Center.
The off-duty officer was unharmed.
"I heard like three bullets. And in my mind I was like, that's firecrackers. Then I thought, no it's gunshots. Then I looked out the window, and I just see a bunch of people running from the bar, and I heard like maybe six more shots and there's a police car outside," said one witness.
It's still unclear who fired a gun, how many shooters were involved and the exact sequence of events.
Officials say those taken into custody are only being questioned.
As a result of the investigation, the F train is bypassing the 18th Avenue station in both directions.







No comments:

Post a Comment