Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two Teens Injured, One Killed In Shooting Near Brooklyn High School




Police are looking for whoever shot three teenagers in Brooklyn, killing one of them.

Investigators say the three teens got into an argument with two other men shortly after 3 p.m. Friday at East 76th Street and Flatlands Avenue in Canarsie, a block from South Shore High School.

They say one of the men pulled a gun and opened fire, hitting all three teens.

A 16-year-old was shot in the shoulder and a 19-year-old was shot in the leg.

The third victim, Shaquille Jones, 17, was shot in the head and died in a nearby alley.

"Somebody came in and say somebody got shot. I run over there, and I saw the little guy lying over there, and he was face down with his backpack on his back. That's all I saw," said one witness.

"Before I knew it, I saw the cops and the ambulance running around. I went outside and I saw them trying to block the whole roadway," said another.

The shooter and the other man fled the scene.

The two surviving teens were taken to the hospital, where they are expected to recover.

Anyone with information on the case should contact the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS, or text CRIMES and then enter TIP577, or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment