Saturday, September 1, 2012

Man Had Extensive Weapons Arsenal In Apartment,



A Queens man is under arrest after police say they found an arsenal of weapons in his apartment.
Police say they got a report of someone firing shots into the air in front of 20-11 Shore Boulevard in Astoria last Sunday.
Investigators say they later identified 53-year-old Michael Millazzo from surveillance video and got a search warrant for his home.
During the search, police say they found a cache of guns, tasers, machetes and knives of different sizes.
They also found more than 10,500 rounds of ammunition.
Neighbors say Millazzo lived in the apartment for 11 years and was known for unusual behavior.
"Sometimes I would look at him at the supermarket where I would wash my clothes next door," said one neighbor. "And I'd be afraid of him. But I know that he lived here. But he's a very strange person."
"Between us, he had a lot of conflicts with them," said another. "He would be belligerent to them. He would spray mace under their door at one point. He swept dead roaches from his apartment under their door into their apartment."
"I'm afraid for my neighbors," said a third. "I can take care of myself but my neighbor's in a wheelchair and if this guy went on a kill-crazy rampage, innocent people are gonna get killed. So it's a lot better not having someone like that in your neighborhood at all."
Millazzo faces dozens of charges, including criminal use of a firearm, reckless endangerment and weapons possession.

By: NY1 News




No comments:

Post a Comment